A Life time of Understanding
Jay Wasson is a life-long resident of Christian County.
His Family came to Stone County in 1848 and settled in Nixa, Missouri in 1867.
A real estate developer for over 25 years, Jay served as Nixa’s Mayor for five years and has represented the 141st district for eight years.
Jay Wasson continues to carry the common sense values of the 20th Senatorial District to the Missouri Legislature. Jay will be an advocate for education, senior issues, small businesses - including family farms and lower taxes. Jay Wasson will work diligently to keep the identities of our communities strong.
- Methamphetamine Reduction
- Established Jessica's Law for Missouri ensuring stiff penalties for sexual predators who abuse children
- Identitiy Theft Reform
- Increased penalties for sex offenders
- Concealed Carry Law
- Improve access to affordable healthcare for small business employees by allowing small businesses to band together for the sole purpose of purchasing health insurance.
- Castle Law - Allows for more forms of self defense force in a persons own home. Including the use of a gun. Allows citizens to protect themselves in their residences, dwelling or vehicle without fear of civil or criminal punishment.
- Re-writing laws regulating pre-need funeral service contracts ensuring that sellers of these contracts cannot squander funds meant to pay for burials
- No Tax Increases
- Definition of Marriage Amendment
- Established the Homestead Preservation Tax Credit
- HB 1549 requiring the Highway Patrol and other law enforcement to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if a person is found to be here illegally.